Call for Abstracts
Call for abstracts now extended to Saturday 15th October 2011
- Download Call for Abstracts as PDF
- Download Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Click Here for Online Abstract Submission
It is with great pleasure we invite you to Adelaide, South Australia for the 19th Biennial World Council of Enterostomal Therapists Congress from 19th to 23rd April 2012 at the world class Adelaide Convention Centre.
Our theme “Weaving Culture, Education and Technology into a Brilliant Blend” encompasses the vision of WCET of bringing the world together, sharing experiences, learning new techniques and celebrating our unique differences. We will have world class speakers in Ostomy, Wound and Continence management with a Paediatric stream throughout. There will be an opportunity to network with others from around the world, present research and be part of an exciting, innovative and irresistible congress. The scientific program is not to be missed. Adelaide is a diverse multicultural city. It is safe and picturesque with the beautiful Torrens River running through the city and parklands. The city offers exceptional food and wine and best of all it is easily accessible from all corners of the world. South Australia offers a wide range of experiences, from the wineries of the Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, McLaren Vale and Adelaide Hills, white sandy beaches and the unique Kangaroo Island to the rugged outback of the Flinders Ranges and beyond.
So please come and experience the diverse Australian culture Down Under.
On behalf of the Organising Committee,
Call for Abstracts
Share your knowledge with the world by submitting an Abstract online in the following categories:
- Practice Innovation Abstracts – describe an innovation you implemented in your professional practice. Include a description of the problem, purpose of the innovation and specific outcome measures.
- Case Study Abstracts – describe a unique plan of care that improved patient outcomes
- Item of Interest Abstracts – any subject that has relevance to patient or nursing care and/or education
- Professional Development/Practice and Education Abstracts
- Research Abstracts – report on original research involving your patients or practice
15TH OCTOBER 2011 Submission of Abstracts deadline
14TH NOVEMBER 2011 - Notification of acceptance and format of presentation i.e. oral or poster
Topics and Themes
The theme of the Congress is Weaving Culture, Education and Technology into a Brilliant Blend and the clinical focus is on Ostomy, Wound and Continence.
There will be concurrent streams for ostomy, wound and continence every day, with a paediatric focus in each stream. The Saturday program will feature the following nursing specialties:
- Gastro Enterology
Submission of Abstracts
All abstracts must be submitted on-line. Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and must relate to Congress topic and themes.